Simon and Garfunkel

Simon and Garfunkel will always and forever remind of two things, both near and dear to my heart: Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous and my Parents.  Almost Famous not only has some of the best scenes (EVER) in my opinion, they also have one of the best soundtracks. Simon and Garfunkel's America is featured on their soundtrack.  My mom and dad raised us on listening to Simon and Garfunkel.  I was listening to Pandora (Andrew Bird Station) when Kathy's Song came on.  It has such a beautiful nostalgic feel to it.  Puts me in a calm mood.  Wish it was raining outside on a spring day  instead of this cold icy drizzle outside.

I hear the drizzle of the rain
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls.

And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To England where my heart lies.

My mind's distracted and diffused
My thoughts are many miles away
They lie with you when you're asleep
And kiss you when you start your day.

And a song I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme.

And so you see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.

And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I.






No comments:

Post a Comment